The University of Westminster’s International Undergraduate Scholarship is highly competitive, attracting several hundred applications every year.
Any international student from a developing country who wishes to pursue a full-time undergraduate degree at the University can apply for this scholarship.
- Several awards are offered to assist international undergraduate students with their studies at the University of Westminster.
- Here is the BEST one – Full International Undergraduate Scholarships
- You can also check the website link below for the other options.
- The host school, University of Westminster, was founded in 1838, thus becoming Britain’s first polytechnic university. Since then, it has developed into a university that combines both metropolitan and cosmopolitan dimensions, and which is closely involved in business, professional and academic life within London, as well as overseas.
Field(s) of Study
- All available courses at the University of Westminster
What does the scholarship cover?
- Coverage depends on the type of scholarship grant; however, in general, a scholarship in the University can cover full tuition fee waivers, accommodation, living expenses and flights to and from London.
- The scholarship is renewed each year, subject to satisfactory academic progress.
How many scholarships are given?
- 1 (one)
- The number of scholarships awarded differs for each grant program. Please note that getting a scholarship to the University is highly competitive, as each year hundreds of academically strong international students apply.
Which countries are targeted?
- Check out this link (Target Countries) for a list of Developing Countries – in Appendix B. (You are eligible to apply if your country is NOT on the list)
- Individuals from Developing countries, which include middle-income countries, are not eligible for this scholarship.
- The University offers a number of full tuition fee award scholarships to exceptionally well-qualified students from outside the UK/EU
Am I Eligible to Apply?
- The eligibility criteria vary for each scholarship. Interested students must check their eligibility to the scholarship program they are applying for.
- In general, however, the student’s academic excellence, development potential and financial need are the primary criteria that the student will be assessed.
- Students from developing countries who have already received an offer for a full-time undergraduate degree at the University can apply for the scholarship.
- Only new students can apply for the scholarship. Continuing students are not eligible.
How do I Apply – Next Steps
- To apply for admission to the University, undergraduate applications must be sent online via the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS).
- Before proceeding to apply for a scholarship, make sure that you are holding an offer (conditional or unconditional) of a place on a course at the University of Westminster. The University does not consider applications from students who have already begun a course of study at the University.
Therefore, apply first to the university
- Click here to get started
THEN apply for scholarship – once accepted
- The scholarship procedure is separate from your admissions application. Therefore, please make sure that you send in a separate application to the Scholarships Office accompanied with the following documents in this order:
- Your statement of support (This is section B of the application form)
- A copy of your offer letter or UCAS confirmation letter (Either hard copy or printed email version)
- A copy of your IELTS/TOEFL result. These are English language qualifications, and you are only required to submit this if you are an international or European applicant.
- A copy of your results achieved so far in your most recent/current academic study (e.g., As/A Level, access course or BTEC results achieved so far). If you are a home student applying for the Gold/Silver Scholarship, please attach your predicted grades from your course tutor.
- A reference letter for your scholarship application, written by a former tutor, employer (if relevant to your chosen degree course), academic or professor.
- Please attach all supporting documentation and submit by the deadline to the following address:
University of Westminster
101 New Cavendish Street
London W1W 6XH
- When making your application, note the following:
- Emailed or faxed application forms will NOT be accepted. The form needs to be posted by you to reach the Scholarships Office before the deadline. Please note that applications sent or received after the deadline will not be considered.
- All sections of the application must be complete, without exceeding the word limit for each section.
- The application should be typed.
- Proofread your application before submission. There should be no mistakes.
- Do not submit original documents. Also, avoid giving in additional documents that are not required.
- You can only apply for one scholarship type at a time.
- Make a photocopy of your application form for your own records.
- May 4th,2017
How do I get more information?
Interested students who wish to apply for a University of Westminster scholarship can visit the following:
- Free Scholarships – http://www.freeundergraduatescholarships.info/
- Top Undergrad Scholarships – http://internationalscholarships.ca/category/level-of-study/undergraduate/
- Top Graduate Scholarships – http://internationalscholarships.ca/category/level-of-study/graduate/
- GOT QUESTIONS – Join the Discussion at our Forum – http://myinternationalscholarships.com/forum