- The AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship promotes educational access and opportunity while enhancing international diversity.
- This scholarship brings together the best of AU — academic excellence, leadership development, and global engagement. The AU Emerging Global Leader achieves, inspires, and serves with vision.
- The AU EGL is dedicated to positive civic and social change, and to returning home to improve under-resourced, underserved communities in his/her home country.
- The American University in Washington, DC, hosts the Emerging Global Leader Scholarship.
- A global outlook, practical idealism, and a passion for public service define American University. Its academic strengths are grounded in social responsibility and a commitment to cultural and intellectual diversity
Field(s) of Study
- Any undergraduate major offered
What does the scholarship cover?
- The AU EGL scholarship covers all billable AU expenses (full tuition, room, and board) for one international student who will need a visa (preferably an F-1 or J-1 student visa) to study in the United States.
- It is renewable for a total of four years of undergraduate study, based on continued satisfactory academic performance.
- The scholarship does not cover non-billable expenses such as mandatory health insurance, books, airline tickets and miscellaneous expenses (approximately U.S. $4,000 per year).
How many scholarships are given?
- One (1)
Which countries are targeted?
- This scholarship is open to foreign citizens from all countries.
- Applicants must be high-achieving international students who will need a visa to study in the United States (preference will be for those who need an F-1 or J-1 student visa).
- U.S. citizens, U.S. permanent residents, and dual citizens of the U.S. and another country are not eligible to apply.
Am I Eligible to Apply?
- The most competitive applicants should have:
- A minimum 3.8 GPA equivalent (or in the top 10% of graduating class) for 9th-12th grades
- A demonstrated commitment to leadership, volunteerism, community service and to advancing the needs of people in their home country
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, with a minimum of 95 TOEFL iBT, 7.0 IELTS or 600 paper-based TOEFL
- Overcome various obstacles and challenges concerning their education
- Come from diverse and unrepresented global and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- If you are enrolled or have already begun any post-secondary studies at another university in your home country or the US, you are not eligible for this scholarship.
How do I Apply – Next Steps
- STEP # 1 – Study the School Application Information carefully–http://www.american.edu/admissions/international/internationalinstructions.cfm
- STEP # 2 – To apply to the AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship, just complete the online application –AU EGLS application form
- STEP # 3 – Complete ALL the rest of the listed instructions
- If you are not selected as one of the AGL finalists, you may still be considered for admission to AU, and if successful, you will be eligible for partial merit scholarships.
- Skype interviews will be required for all the AU EGL semi-finalists and finalists.
- Priority consideration is given to those AU EGLS applicants who apply and complete the AU EGLS application and international admissions process by 15 December 2017.
How do I get more information?
- Scholarship Home Page –http://www.american.edu/admissions/international/egls.cfm
- Free Scholarships – http://www.freeundergraduatescholarships.info/
- Top Undergrad Scholarships – http://internationalscholarships.ca/category/level-of-study/undergraduate/
- Top Graduate Scholarships – http://internationalscholarships.ca/category/level-of-study/graduate/
- GOT QUESTIONS – Join the Discussion at our Forum – http://myinternationalscholarships.com/forum