- The CIUF-CUD Scholarship Program is an international scholarship program that provides promising students from developing countries to pursue their desired graduate program in Beligum.
- Through the scholarship, students are equipped with experience and skills necessary to improve the conditions of their home country.
- Any French-speaking university in Belgium
Fields of Study
- International Courses
- Master complémentaire en Aquaculture (Aquaculture)
- Master complémentaire en Gestion des Transports (Transport Management)
- Master complémentaire en Santé Publique – Orientation Santé et Développement (Public Health – Orientation on Health and Development)
- Master complémentaire en Sciences et Gestion de l’Environnement dans les Pays en Développement (Environmental Management in Developing Countries)
- Master complémentaire en Gestion des Ressources Animales et Végétales en Milieux Tropicaux (Animal and Plant Resources in the Tropics)
- Master complémentaire en Gestion des Risques Naturels (Natural Hazards Management)
- Master complémentaire en Sciences et Technologie des Aliments (Food Science and Technology)
- Master complémentaire en Médecine Transfusionnelle (Transfusion Medicine)
- European master in Microfinance
- Master complémentaire en Protection des Cultures Tropicales et Subtropicales (Crop Protection in Tropical and Subtropical Countries)
- Master complémentaire en Economie Internationale et du Développement (International Economy and Development)
- Master complémentaire en Développement, Environnement et Sociétés (Development, Environment and Society)
- Master complémentaire in Public Health Methodology
- Training Programs
- Stage à l’Usage des Technologies de l’Information et de la Communication dans les Bibliothèques universitaires (Use of Information Technology and Communication in the University Libraries)
- Stage en Système d’Information Géographique (Geographic Information System)
- Stage en Gestion des Systèmes de Services de Santé – Economie et gestion des ressources/planification (filière A) – Gestion scientifique et recherche en systèmes de santé (filière B) (Management Systems Health Services – Economics and Resource Management / Planning (sector A) – Management and Scientific Research in Health Systems (sector B)
- Stage Méthodologique en Appui à l’Innovation en Agriculture Familiale (Methodology to Support Innovation in Family Agriculture)
- Stage en Environnement et Gestion Durable des Ressources Minérales (Environment and Management Sustainable Mineral Resources)
What does the scholarship cover?
- Coverage to be confirmed
How many scholarships are given?
- Each year, the CIUF-CUD grants program provides for 150 scholarships to students pursuing its international courses mentioned above; and around 70 scholarships to participants in its training program.
Which countries are targeted?
Student nationals from the following countries are allowed to apply for the CIUF-CUD Scholarship Program:
- Bangladesh, Benin, Bolivia, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Burundi
- Cambodia, Cameroon, China, Colombia, Côte d’Ivoire, Cuba, Congo
- Ecuador, Ethiopia, El Salvador
- Guatemala, Guinea
- India, Indonesia
- Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique
- Nicaragua, Niger
- Peru, Philippines, Palestinian Territories
- Senegal, Suriname, South Africa
- Zambia, Zimbabwe
Am I Eligible to Apply?
To be eligible to the CIUF-CUD Scholarship program, the applicant must meet the following conditions:
- Candidates must reside and work in one of the countries listed above at the time of the his/her application;
- For those applying for the international courses, he/she must be below 40 years old
- For those applying for the training programs, he/ she must be below 45 years old
- Degree holder comparable to a second cycle of the Belgian university degree
- Demonstrates a professional occupation in a developing country for at least two years after the end of his graduate level, OR three years after the end of his studies when the applicant holds a diploma issued by the third cycle of a university in an industrialized country
- Knowledgeable in written and spoken French and other applicable languages used in the training program
- Willingness to learn French and appreciate Belgian life
- Applicant must only apply to one training program
- Candidates must not be admitted to any French-speaking universities in Belgium prior to applying for the grant
The applicants will be screened based on the following criteria:
- Academic qualifications and research capabilities
- History of previous scholarships (Priority will be given to those who have not been recipients of a Belgian scholarship)
- Professional experience in development work
- Membership to a CIUF-CUD partner institution
- Commitment to development work particulatrly in helping disadvantaged sociak groups
- Nationality (participation of candidates from sub-Saharan Africa are encouraged)
- Gender equality (women”s participation are encouraged)
- Commitment to re-integrate and apply skills learned in Belgium in his/her home country
How to Apply – Next Steps
Applying for a scholarship grant with CIUF-CUD is absolutely free of charge.
- Download and accomplish the application form
- Duly accomplished forms and complete requirements must be sent to CIUF-CUD either by mail or express mail at one time. To-follow documents will not be admitted at a later stage.
- After the selection process, successful and unsuccessful candidates will be notified by e-mail.
The Fellowships 2013-2014 Courses and International Internships call is ended. The next call on scholarships and courses 2014-2015 International Internships will be open from mid-September 2013.
How do I get more information?
For more information, interested applicants can go to the following links:
- COMMISSION UNIVERSITAIRE POUR LE DÉVELOPPEMENT
- CUD Office Address:
rue de Namur 72-74
B-1000 Bruxelles, Belgium
Tel. +32 2 2 89 65 65
Fax +32 2 289 65 66
Email maryvonne.aubry @ cud.be