Since I now live in Canada I’m often asked for help obtaining a scholarship to study here.
Here is my list of the Top 11 scholarships that I recommend if you are interested in Undergrad Study.
Remember, we list only the best scholarships opportunities for International Students wishing to study in Canada.
Also check out our TOP 10 Undergraduate Scholarship List.
- Conestoga College Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning has strengthened its commitment to international students and is pleased to offer the following Scholarships:
- Chancellor’s Club Scholarships attract and support extraordinary students who raise the quality of learning and standard of excellence at the University of Calgary.
- 10 awards at $10,000 each: General Arts: 5 awards and General Sciences: 5 awards
- Renewable in 2nd, 3rd and 4th year at $10,000 per year
Top 10 Canadian Undergraduate Scholarships for International Students
- The University of Saskatchewan will award six scholarships valued at $10,000 CDN each for the 2013-14 academic year. International students (non-Canadian citizens paying differential tuition) entering any direct-entry college at the U of S will be considered for an International Student Scholarship. Selection will be based on academic achievement.
- Recipients are eligible to receive the International Student Entrance Scholarship in addition to a Guaranteed Entrance Scholarship.
- President’s Scholarships are offered each year to the top applicants. This scholarship has a value of $36,000 over four years.
- To qualify the student must have a high scholarship average, as well as demonstrate a contribution to their school and/or community.
- All applicants who wish to be considered for the President’s Scholarship must submit this application and required supplemental documentation.
- Global Leadership Award (for international students)
- International secondary school students entering an undergraduate program at UOIT on a study permit and who are currently studying outside of Canada are eligible for UOIT’s Global Leadership Award (GLA). This scholarship is one of UOIT’s most prestigious entrance awards. Valued at more than $45,920 (or $11,480 per year for four years), it recognizes international secondary school applicants with strong academic and leadership abilities.
- Humber offers three full tuition renewable scholarships (Approximate value $12,200 CAD).
- These scholarships are available for NEW international students only (two offered in September and one offered in January of each year).
- Applications will be considered based on academics, community involvement, referee/reference letters and statement of interest.
- The scholarships will be applied toward the successful students’ tuition fees.
- Awarded to student(s) on Study Permit(s) with superior academic achievement entering the first year of an undergraduate degree at the University of Alberta.
- Tuition and $16,000 to a maximum of $40,000 per year for four years
- Bell Scholarships
- Established in 2002 as the premier entrance scholarship at Mount Allison, the Bell Scholarships are among the largest undergraduate awards in Canada. The scholarships celebrate students who have demonstrated strong academic ability, leadership potential, volunteer work, extracurricular activities, work experience, and good citizenship.
- You may apply for one of six Bell Scholarships valued at $12,000 per year and one of five Bell Achievement Awards valued at $9,000 per year, all of which are renewable over four years. In order to be considered for this prestigious award, you must submit a separate application including an essay, three reference letters, Grade 12 official transcript with final grades for your first term courses, and a summary of your leadership, volunteer, extracurricular and work experience.
- Trent International Program (TIP) offers a limited number of highly competitive renewable Full and Tuition scholarships to students eligible for undergraduate admission to Trent, and who are not citizens or permanent residents of Canada.
- Trent International Global Citizen Scholarships and Awards – this post features the Trent International Full Scholarships
- Global Leader of Tomorrow Award – Established for international undergraduate applicants, recognizing academic excellence, leadership qualities, exceptional community service and individual achievement.
- $60,000 – ($15,000 x 4 years)
- Highest academic average
- Nomination by high school
- Leadership and demonstrated skills
- To renew – must have a high academic standing (7.80 on a 9-point York scale) in each academic year at York
Are you a student from Sub-Saharan Africa who has demonstrated academic talent and a personal commitment to giving back to your country, but you face significant economic barriers to higher education? If so, we invite you to apply to the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program.
If you are selected, you will receive a scholarship equivalent to the costs of attaining a Bachelor’s degree, including travel, tuition, textbooks, housing, food and living expenses. You will also receive financial, academic, social and post-graduation support which will enable you to gain the experiences and skills you need to succeed.
- The International Leader of Tomorrow Award (ILOT)
- UBC attracts talented secondary and post-secondary students from around the world. We honor the achievements of our incoming international students through the International Leader of Tomorrow (ILOT) program.
- ILOT Award winners receive an award-level commensurate with their financial need as determined by the costs of their tuition, fees and living costs, minus the financial contribution the student and their family can make annually towards these costs. A standard needs-assessment is made, based on financial information provided by students and their families.