- Chevening Scholarships are the UK government’s global scholarship program, funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organizations.
- Chevening Scholarships are awarded to outstanding scholars with leadership potential from 150 countries and territories around the world to study one-year postgraduate courses at universities in the UK.
- The scholarship programme provides a unique opportunity to emerging leaders, influencers, and decision makers from all over the world to develop academically and professionally through the building of networks, experiencing the UK culture and building lasting positive relationships with the UK.
- Study at any reputable university in the UK
Field(s) of Study
- The Chevening Scholarship applies to a one-year taught Master’s degree at any higher education institution.
- Applications from all fields are accepted. The country pages on the Chevening website contain details of priority subject areas, which vary from country to country.
What does the scholarship cover?
- The program provides full or part funding for full-time courses at postgraduate level, usually a one-year Master’s degree, in any subject and at any UK university.
- A full Chevening Scholarship award comprises:
- University tuition fees
- Monthly stipend
- Travel costs to and from the UK
- An arrival allowance
- A homeward departure allowance
- Cost of the visa application
- A travel grant to attend Chevening events in the UK
How many scholarships are given?
- The Chevening program was established in 1983 and has since developed into a prestigious international scheme. Over 42,000 Chevening alumni around the world comprise an influential and highly regarded global network.
- Currently, there are around 1500 Chevening scholars enrolled in universities across the UK.
Which countries are targeted?
- Chevening Scholars come from 150 countries and territories worldwide (excluding the USA and the EU)
- Find your country here – http://www.chevening.org/apply
Am I Eligible to Apply?
To qualify for this scholarship, you must:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country.
- Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry to a post-graduate program at a UK university. Your qualifications should be equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honors’ degree in the UK
- Have at least two years’ work experience (refer to your country page for further details).
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 13 July 2017.
- Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 13 July 2017.
- Be a high-calibre graduate with the intellectual, personal and interpersonal qualities necessary for leadership.
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your scholarship has ended.
How Do I Apply – Next Steps
- Applications for Chevening Awards can only be submitted using the Chevening online application system, available through the ‘apply’ button on your country page.
- There are ten sections on the application form, and you will need to complete all sections before you can submit your application.
- The application form guidelines explain each section in more detail. You can save your application at any time, and log in to complete it later.
- Make sure you submit your application before the deadline.
- You are expected to submit applications to UK universities before, or at the same time as you apply for a Chevening Scholarship.
- You can only apply for a one-year Master’s course.
- More information on UK courses and universities is found on the Chevening website at chevening.org/study/resources.
- You must ensure you meet the academic and English language requirements for your chosen course of study.
- Applications open in August 2017 and close on 3 November 2017.
- This deadline is the same across the globe in all 150 countries and territories where Chevening operates.
- Applications must be made online and cannot be submitted after the deadline.
How do I get more information?
- Website –http://www.chevening.org/apply/
- Free Scholarships – http://www.freeundergraduatescholarships.info/
- Top Undergrad Scholarships – http://internationalscholarships.ca/category/level-of-study/undergraduate/
- Top Graduate Scholarships – http://internationalscholarships.ca/category/level-of-study/graduate/
- GOT QUESTIONS – Join the Discussion at our Forum – http://myinternationalscholarships.com/forum