- A prestigious scholarship program targeting exceptionally talented Master’s students from outside Europe.
- Study at University of Amsterdam
- has its origins in the Athenaeum Illustre (1632) and, with almost 30,000 students, over 5,000 employees and an annual budget of 600 million euros, is one of the largest general research universities in Europe.
- 57 Bachelor’s programmes (3 taught in English), including 1 joint degree with the VU University Amsterdam
- 92 Master’s programmes (66 taught in English), including:
Field(s) of Study – All
The faculties and graduate schools award scholarships themselves; as such, regulations may vary. Students interested in an Amsterdam Excellence Scholarship may contact the faculty or international school offering the study programme of their choice for more information.
- Amsterdam Law School
- Faculty of Economics and Business
- Faculty of Science
- Graduate School of Communication
- Graduate School of Humanities
- Graduate School of Psychology
- Graduate School of Social Sciences
- The AES is a full scholarship of €25,000 (covering tuition and living expenses) for one academic year with the possibility of extension for a second year (for two-year Master’s programmes).
- Not Stated but applications are being taken in all 7 programs
- In 2015 fifteen students have been selected by the Executive Board and the faculty deans to receive the Amsterdam Excellence Scholarship. The award will go to eight women and seven men from nine different countries.
- Students from any discipline belonging to the top 10% of graduates from their class may apply. Selection is on the basis of academic excellence, ambition and relevance for a student’s future career. Scholarship recipients will join extracurricular activities and become part of a select community.
- Hold a non-EU/EEA passport and not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans
- Be (provisionally) admitted to an English-taught Master’s degree programme at the University of Amsterdam which is registered in the Central Register of Higher Education Programmes
- STEP # 1 – Apply to University of Amsterdam
- STEP #1b – Be provisionally Admitted
- STEP # 2 – Apply for Scholarship
- For more information about general application requirements, please consult the individual programme descriptions at www.uva.nl/education for Master’s study programmes taught in English.
- The application process for the academic year will open in November and the deadline for applications is January 15th
- Website – http://www.uva.nl/en/education/bachelor-s/scholarships–tuition/scholarships-and-loans/amsterdam-merit-scholarship/amsterdam-merit-scholarships.html
- Free Scholarships – http://www.
- Top Undergrad Scholarships – http://
internationalscholarships.ca/ category/level-of-study/ undergraduate/
- Top Graduate Scholarships – http://
internationalscholarships.ca/ category/level-of-study/ graduate/