Looking for a African Scholarships
I have been research scholarship for many years now. I have compiled and listed only the best scholarships on this site. Check out the options below and let me know if I could be of for help in your search. Samuel
- Latest and Best GRADUATE Scholarships
- Latest and Best UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS
- Free Scholarships
- Receive FREE our Best Scholarships Opportunities by Email
OPTION # 2 – Check out our TOP 10 List
- TOP 10 Undergraduate Scholarships
- TOP 10 Graduate Scholarships
- TOP Canadian Scholarships
- TOP United States Scholarships
OPTION # 3 – Read our Country Specific Lists
Option # 4 – Check out the list Below
- If you would like to study in the US there are several excellent options. The best of these being schools that offer need blind admissions – I have written more about this in Step # 4 – click here to read the whole post – http://internationalscholarships.ca/international-scholarships-step-four/. Basically, the quick summary is if you can get admission to these schools then your tuition will be adjust based on your family income – for international students will comparatively low income your tuition would be paid.
- There are several schools that offer this program – the best of these is Brown University because they have a special fund to assist with this called their “Advancing Africa Fund”. This includes tuition cost, two round trip air fares tickets and a monthly stipend. An excellent but highly competitive opportunity.
- Studying in Korea may not be for everyone. Those who obtain this scholarship will have to complete and pass a required one year language course before beginning their undergraduate studies which would be an additional four years.
- However, this is an excellent scholarship which includes full tuition payments, round trip airfare costs and monthly allowance and other benefits.
- Most countries are eligible to apply, although some countries only have very limited spots available – make sure you read through the website carefully.
- WMF started in 20025 to help support students in literacy and education in africa and other countries in the developing world. They provide funding to families, men and women who find themselves in difficult situations caused by poverty.
- WMF also has a scholarship program that has grown significantly over the years. In 2011 they support 46 individuals from around the globe. Check out there website for more information on their Scholarships and Scholars.
- From my experience, the scholarship application process is usually not what most expect it to be – this scholarship is the exception, it is exactly what you would expect and therefore a great place to start. Check their website for the application period for 2013
- Located in Toronto, Canada provides an excellent scholarship for international students. Follow the link above to see the different options. The best being the “International Entrance Scholarship” that is gives the recipient $25,000 per year for 4 years.
- In order to qualify you must have outstanding academic performance, have shown your leadership potential in different roles and submit various letters of recommendation. If you think this description fits you and you would like pursue an undergraduate education at an excellent school – follow the links above to learn more.
- There are two other excellent scholarship in Canada that we recommend – these are at University of Trent and University of British Columbia (UBC).
- Much like the Wells Mountain Scholarship (above) this OFID scholarship is similar. The funding is not connected with an educational institution. The tuition fees will be paid by OFID directly to the academic institution. That is the good news.
- The challenge with this scholarship is that only a limited number are awarded each year – however, because of the open nature of the scholarship, we recommend that you begin your search for a graduate scholarship in Africa here.
- Here is another excellent opportunity – the eligibly requirements are not for everyone but if your current employment and employer situation fit then I would encourage applying.
- Two things to Note:
- #1 – read the post to find the FIRST STEP in the application process.
- #2 – If you are looking for more information before applying DOWNLOAD the NFP Brochure.
- The scholarship are offered to students from 61 countries, check the list to see if you are eligible.
- The good news when looking for a graduate scholarship is that there are many more excellent options then there are at the undergraduate level. I have listed four on this page but make sure you check the links above or sign-up for our email list for many other excellent opportunities.
- New Zealand has world class universities and provide excellent study opportunities
- These scholarship are offered to a variety of countries around the world including 13 African countries. If you country is not listed, don’t give up – check the NZID website to see what other options there may.
- Personally this is one of my favorite scholarships and I think Sweden is an excellent place to study and you would get to experience winter in all it’s greatest.
- There are some undergraduate options but most of these scholarships are focused on the graduate level.
- The eligible countries come in two lists – Category # 1 includes about 9 African countries. If your country is not listed there check out Category # 2 – you have to click the link and follow through to the next page but many more countries are listed there. If often get emails from people saying they think they are not eligible when they ARE – this is because they have not checked option # 2.
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- If you are looking to pursue an MBA, the London School of Business offers an excellent scholarship.
- They give out two (2) awards and both are for full scholarship (tuition fees). You must first apply and be accepted to the university to be eligible for the scholarship but again if you are looking to pursue an MBA – this is the best scholarship we know of.